BSA Troop 168
Troop 168 Scouts and Families,
Troop 168 operates pursuant to Boy Scouts of America rules and regulations. The Scout Handbook is a terrific resource for these as are various links on the Resources tab of our website.
For information unique to Troop 168, please read the following items:
Troop 168 emails will primarily issue from [email protected].
Speaking of email ...
BSA requires two-deep leadership even on electronic communications.
Scouts, when you contact a Leader, Merit Badge Counselor, etc., through email, remember to copy your parent/guardian/Scoutmaster in order to comply with two-deep leadership specified in BSA's Guide to Safe Scouting:
Two-deep leadership and no one-on-one contact between adults and youth members includes digital communication. Leaders may not have one-on-one private online communications or engage one-on-one in other digital activities (games, social media, etc.) with youth members. Leaders should copy a parent and another leader in digital and online communication, ensuring no one-on-one contact exists in text, social media, or other forms of online or digital communication.
Use your parent's/guardian's email? A Scout that emails through his parent’s/guardian’s email account should copy a second parent/guardian/Scoutmaster on emails to ensure two-deep leadership is maintained.
Prefer to text? Include your parent/guardian on the message.
Scouts: With parent/guardian permission, please check out the Troop site. Familiarize yourself with information/useful links. The Calendar page has the Troop Calendar. (See below for more information.) You may find information on the Advancement, Boards of Review and Merit Badges pages very useful. There is even information on “how to complete a blue card”!
TROOP 168 CALENDAR
The Troop calendar is posted on this website. For those of you that wish to import it into your electronic calendar, the direct ical address for the Troop 168 Calendar is:
Alternatively, a direct HTML link is:
Please note the following:
- Email traffic in preparation for any/all events takes priority over anything posted on the website or electronic calendar. Last minute changes (for weather or otherwise) will be made by email.
- T168 is hosted by Saint Patrick Parish. As a general rule, when the Carlisle Area School District (or CASD) cancels school due to inclement weather, all events at the Saint Patrick Parish Activity Center are cancelled. Therefore, any Troop event planned for that evening will also be cancelled.
Some of the events posted to the Troop calendar do not apply to all Troop members:
- PLC Meeting refers to Patrol Leader Conference. (Trivia: It may also be called a Green Bar due to the green bar(s) on leadership patches.) Scouts in leadership positions will periodically have PLC meetings; the Troop at large will not participate.
- OA refers to Order of the Arrow (which is Scouting’s National Honor Society.) OA events are posted because some Troop members are also OA members.
- Each year, some Scouts will head to a week-long NYLT (or National Youth Leadership Training). The New Birth of Freedom Council typically holds NYLT the week before our Troop week at Rodney.
- Pack 168 events will periodically be listed. Sometimes the Pack asks for older Scouts to help at certain events (i.e., Camp-in, Pinewood Derby, Blue & Gold Dinner, etc.). The Scoutmaster will occasionally tap some Scouts to help – not all Scouts will be involved.
THE SAFETY OF OUR YOUTH IS PARAMOUNT. All content posted should conform to the precepts of the Scout Oath and Law. BSA Social Media Guidelines are linked.
Find & like/follow Troop 168 on:
- Instagram @BSATroop168
- Facebook @BSATroop168Carlisle
A message to T168 Scouts that are not yet 13…
Facebook sets a minimum age of 13 to create an account. Should one of T168’s Scouts under 13 have a FB account, please do not like the BSA Troop 168 page. It will prompt a discussion reminding you of FB’s minimum age. Remember, the Scout Law: A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.